Middle and High School Band
The Gift of Music
Music education benefits children’s lives in countless ways. Students learn problem-solving, focus, nonverbal communication, collaboration, dedication, accountability, and how to receive constructive feedback through music. They’re able to see the result of hard work and gain confidence from it.
When learning and performing together, our students are able to create a final product that is a beautiful gift to those who hear it. Most importantly, music is a lot of fun!
That’s why every student at CCA — from kindergarteners to high school seniors — is involved in music.
- Grades K-3 have music class twice a week and learn to sing and to play instruments such as xylophones and percussion.
- 4th graders continue with singing and playing, and also learn to play the recorder.
- 5th & 6th graders learn to play an instrument in beginning band.
- Students in grades 7-12 participate in an intermediate band or audition into an advanced group. Students perform in worship services throughout the greater Wenatchee area.
- Students in grades 5-12 have the option to join a handbell choir, which meets before or after school.